Symphony Desktop App
Helping a tech unicorn and a leading secure collaboration platform to build and maintain a desktop app by using modern wrapper technologies such as Electron, to bring the web app experience to macOS and Windows.
Client/Project LinkSymphony Communications Services
The client was looking for us to build and maintain a desktop app by using wrapper technologies such as Electron to bring their web experience to macOS and Windows.
- Architect, build and maintain the Symphony Desktop Application (SDA)
- Support the SDA experience on macOS and Windows
- Support the SDA experience in challenging environments such as VDAs
- Support features such as native notifications, screen sharing, protocol handler, badge count, etc.
- Keep the SDA secure from potential attacks through the web app
- Build the SDA to be able to host modules such as Swift Search
- Enhance and maintain the SDA
With rich experience in developing wrapper based desktop solutions, our team delivered by building the SDA using modern technologies such as Electron and by using standard practices.
- Brought to fore expertise on building wrapper based desktop apps to architect solutions
- Built many features such as screen sharing, protocol handler, badge count, notifications, etc.
- Supported the SDA experience on multiple platforms and in challenging environments
- Assisted with Agile product development with the client team
- Implemented advanced security techniques and practices to keep the app secure
- Continued delivery of high quality deliverables on-time and within budget
- Ability for Symphony's end users to get the Symphony experience natively on macOS and Windows in several different environments.